DON'T DRINK COFFEE WITHOUT THIS LOGO ON THE BAG!
Most of the coffee sold in America today is literally killing the songbirds we love – and destroying a sustainable method of family farming that supports rural communities in Latin America and keeps farm workers and their children away from toxic chemicals. The only way you can be certain that the coffee in your cup is shade grown, organic Bird Friendly® certified is if the Smithsonian Migratory Bird Center seal is on the bag!
Five reasons to always buy and drink Birds & Beans® Smithsonian Bird Friendly, USDA Organic, Fair-Trade certified coffee:
1. To save Neotropical migrant and local bird species.
2. To preserve forest and forest-like habitat in Latin America by supporting coffee production methods that have the lowest environmental impact.
3. To protect farm workers and their children and neighbors from exposure to toxic chemicals.
4. To support entire rural communities with jobs and trade via an economically viable farming model.
5. To save healthy microclimates, a buffer against climate change with measurable carbon sinks.
Bonus: Our coffee tastes great!
Make it easy for everyone in the USA to drink 'Bird Friendly®' Coffee – a real way to support sustainability.
THE CORNELL LAB OF ORNITHOLOGY AND OUR LOCAL CONSERVATION PARTNERS RECOMMEND BIRDS & BEANS
Some of our most beloved Neotropical migrant songbirds – especially our thrushes, orioles, tanagers, and warblers -- are suffering from loss of habitat when they fly south for the winter. One of the easiest things we can all do to support our migratory songbirds is to make sure that the coffee we buy comes from coffee farms that preserve bird habitat. Birds & Beans is certified by the best in the business, and makes it easy to be confident that the coffee we drink is also providing habitat for birds. -- John W. Fitzpatrick, Director of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology
Birds & Beans donates over 10% of our gross profits to our partners to help their important work.
Learn more about our partners